Wednesday, 29 October 2008

A Bloggy Welcome!


I miss writing. Been wanting to start blogging but never really had time to sit down and start one. Now I have all the time in the world. My blogging journal starts as my family begins a new life in Wellington, New Zealand. 

It was only last August that Marius and I followed Ariel here. We've had our visas since February, but delayed leaving Manila because I had standing commitments with Probe, Marius had school and Ariel was working in Singapore then. 2008 is proving to be a year of changes for my family -- we've left our nest and starting a new one in a different continent, in a very far away land.

Ariel now works in the energy sector, for a company called Advanced Metering Services. Marius goes to Lyall Bay Kindergarten. And me? I am finally staying home. FOR REAL. 

I remember quitting Probe in 2007 -- I left because Marius was always sick, he had recurring pneumonia then. As soon as school was out, I brought him to Davao and Pagudpud to breathe some fresh air. But a few months after that, I was back working (which I fondly call RAKET) part-time at Probe, PMFI, Jescom and even contributed articles to a business magazine called Masigasig. I was a part-time mother and a part-time career person. AGAIN. 

If we hadn't left Manila, I would have continued being a part-time mom. I love to work. But I love my family more. I guess I was not good at balancing family life and career. My job was a demanding one, but that doesn't excuse me for spending less time at home. Uprooting my family and starting over was the next best thing =)

I used to write stories -- now I'm writing my journal.
I used to shoot -- now I take pictures of my family's adventures.
I used to edit -- now I know how to budget (dagdag-bawas method!).

I miss everything that I used to do back in Manila, and yet I find fulfillment in the simplicity that life now offers. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to do the things that I wanted then, and even happier that I can look back without regrets.




No comments: