Friday, 24 April 2009

Of IDs, San Miguel beer and Public Holidays :)


Tomorrow, April 25, is Anzac Day -- a public holiday in New Zealand and Australia. It commemorates members of the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I.

But that's not what this blog is all about.

Thinking that all shops will be closed tomorrow, I went to the supermarket to do my shopping. Earlier, Ariel had asked me to buy him beer and as luck would have it, I saw a familiar brown bottle...San Miguel Pale Pilsen! The 6 bottles costs $12+ (around Php300) but what the heck, it's SMB in NZ. At the checkout, the lady asked me for my ID before scanning the beer. So I gave her my driver's license, but it took her a while to figure out where my date of birth was so I pointed it out to her. This is the second time it happened to me -- the first when I was shopping with Marius, looking so much like a mommy...unless I look like a teenage mom? Ha!

I've heard some people complain about producing an ID to verify their age -- well, not ME! I mean, it's good that supermarket staff are doing what they should. But more that that, it makes me feel so UN-MANANG :) Just what I need as I turn another year older. 

So...ID kung ID!




No comments: